Steering wheel problems

So a couple months ago i got into a little fender bender, nothing crazy didn’t even mess up the alignment but my steering wheel has been squeaking ever since. Sometimes when turning the wheel just locks itself for some time and then goes again. I’ve tried lubricating several spots and there is still power steering fluid in the car so i’m lost at what it could possibly be.

Steering system design varies from car to car. For best help here, suggest to post the make/model/ & year. Your car seems unsafe to drive in its current condition, safest to tow it to shop for a proper diagnosis & repair.

Please get this looked at by a mechanic as soon as possible. This could be very dangerous to you and others. What you don’t know CAN kill you!

4 Likes

I drive a 2008 pontiac g6 2.4l

A steering issue that prevents you from turning the wheel is not “nothing crazy”, it’s a potentially fatal issue that needs to be tended to immediately.

This could be as simple as a belt not being tight enough or a steering/suspension component damaged and worn and about to break. Whatever it is, get the car into a shop and evaluated immediately.

4 Likes

i’m talking about the accident being nothing crazy, as i’ve never personally had the issue of the steering wheel lock only the squeak, but today a family member was driving and said it locked on a turn which is definetly something crazy. Thank you i will look at those things

Yeah, you shouldn’t be driving this car until that problem is fixed. You shouldn’t even drive it to a shop. This is tow truck territory.

You might have damaged the rack-n-pinion and that s why the steering locked up, seen it before, no matter what the issue is, you are playing Russian roulette with extra live rounds in the gun…

Your vehicle requires towing just to be safe, remember, you are not the only vehicle on the road…

4 Likes