Status of America's Classic Car Magazines?

Interesting! I thought that just NJ was behind the times with its regulation that no person or company can hold more than 2 liquor licenses. As a result, only 2 Costcos in NJ and 2 Trader Joe’s stores in NJ sell wine, beer, and liquor.

Wegman’s supermarkets get around that restriction in NJ by claiming that their various stores are owned by different family members.

Here in NH Wine and beer can be sold in grocery stores. Liqueur is sold in state run Liqueur stores.

MA has weird laws. Grocery stores can’t sell Liqueur. However - If you’re a Liqueur store you’re allowed to sell groceries. We buy our meat and chicken from this place in Andover MA called Butcher Boys in Andover MA. Great meat market. They also have a large Wine and Liqueur selection.

That is the same way Ohio did it up until the 1980s. The state sold off its liquor stores. Now the liquor stores could sell beer, and wine, too, but groceries could not sell liquor. Same way Florida does it.

But Ohio has drive-through beer and wine stores. Any other states do that?

We have Liquor stores at some rest-stops with curb-side pickup.

1 Like

Wow! Just traveling through taking my whiskey to the next state in my car!

There are some drive-through beer stores in NJ.
In NY, grocery stores and bodegas can sell beer, but–I think–they can’t sell wine, and they definitely can’t sell liquor.

Pennsylvania has drive through beer stores, or at least they did years ago. The LBC store handled spirits and maybe wine. It’s been a long time since I was social chairman of my fraternity and had to make the pickups at the LCB store. For the house we had half kegs delivered. When I lived in an apartment my senior year we used the beer warehouse. You could drive through if you know what you wanted but we liked to peruse the pallets.

1 Like

Maryland and North Carolina.

1 Like