Start my Volvo S40

This has been done so far. The car still does not start.

1) March 17th:

Spark Plugs

2) March 19th:

Repaired Emission Hose (“deformed hose” - messing up gas/air mixture to the engine)

3) Throttle body cleaning (gunked up because of emission hose problem)

4) April 1st:

Turbo Charger Pressure sensor

Map Sensor

5) April 10th:

Fuel Pressure Regulator

6) April 24th:

Claimed it started the whole time, but had to replace damaged oil pan

7) April 26th:

Engine coolant temperature sensor

If you really do want some help then you need to provide a lot more info.

What year is it? How many miles? It won’t start at all? Or it won’t start intermittently? Hot? Cold? Random? I’m assuming, based on the tag line that the engine cranks over just fine but won’t fire up. When this happens you hear?..smell?..do? I’m further assuming that someone else has been doing all of this work, but that they have not had the problem while working on it (“Claimed it started the whole time”).

Rather than talk about parts that have been replaced talk about systems that have been checked (e.g. has the fuel pressure been checked?)

If the no start is intermittent, get 1) a can of starter fluid; 2) a spark tester (go to an auto parts store). The next time it happens, spray some starter fluid into the intake. If that gets it to fire your no start is probably a fuel system fault. If that doesn’t matter, hook up the spark tester and check for spark. If none, then your intermittent problem is in the ignition system - that at least narrows things down.

“What year is it?”: 2001

“How many miles?”: just over 70,000

“It won’t start at all? Or it won’t start intermittently? Hot? Cold? Random?”: it doesn’t start in the morning, after being cold. Sometimes it needs to be towed, sometimes I can start it by flooring the gas pedal. It tends to
start during the day, after the initial start, but often is very slow to start and sometimes needs to be started twice (after stalling out).

“I’m assuming, based on the tag line that the engine cranks over just fine but won’t fire up. When this happens you hear?..smell?..do?”: Yes, engine cranks over. No smell. Sometimes a an comes on under the hood,
sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes, if the gas pedal is floored, the engine “catches” but sputters and dies out unless gas pedal is lightly pumped.

"I’m further assuming that someone else has been doing all of this work, but that they have not had the problem while working on it (“Claimed it started the whole time”): Once they “got it to act up,” but most of the time
claim it starts. However, the tech is driving it now, and I haven’t heard from them for three days.

“Rather than talk about parts that have been replaced talk about systems that have been checked (e.g. has the fuel pressure been checked?)”: Yes, fuel pressure has been checked, and “diagnostics” have (supposedly)
been run on all systems.