Staggering when starting on 2005 Toyota Camry

Greetings,

I purchased a 2005 Toyota Camry Demo from the local dealership with a few hundred miles on it. I’ve owned the car for over 2 years now, and generally it runs fine. The problems come when I try move from a dead start and/or when I am making a turn from a stop. When I press down on the gas pedal; the engine and or transmission tends to shutter for an instant and then finally move forward after about a second or 2. I’ve taken it back to 2 dealerships and they say thereis nothing wrong with it. Whenever my or anyone else drive it, they say it is very noticeable and irritating. Can someone help me out here?

Thank you.

Sulking in South Bend

When you move the throttle from idle (with the gas pedal), the tps (throttle position sensor) tells the engine computer that fact. The engine computer calls for more fuel injection, and more air to be bypassed by the iac (idle air control) valve. If either of these (tps, or iac) isn’t working properly, the off-idle performance can be rough. A scan tool, with a graphing screen, can easily observe the electrical behavior of either. Voltage spikes in the tps are particularly noisome.

???