SRS light on 2005 Honda Pilot

I had an accident and the SRS light turned on after that… Can anybody help me with? How can I reset the SRS light if my system is working well…?

SRS is the Secondary Restraint System - aka Air Bags. How do you know the air-bags are working until they go off?

Get it checked out.

2 Likes

How long after the accident? The SRS error might be related to the accident. If the times are close, you might ask your insurer what to do. A few years back, my daughter was in an accident. The shop that did the repairs didn’t replace the right front wheel bearing. When I heard it, we called our insurer immediately. A shop local to me said the wheel bearing needed to be replaced. The two shops and the insurer discussed it and decided it was covered.

1 Like

Are your seat belts still working ok? If not it’s possible that the pre-tensioner activated. Have a shop scan it and determine the fault.

2 Likes

I replaced the air bags and the seat belts… I suppose they are working…

I replaced both, the driver side and the passenger…

My insurance don’t cover that, and in a dealer it cost around a hundred dollars for only diagnosis the problem…

@Rdel66 - Did you replace the Airbags yourself ? Who repaired the vehicle after the crash ? Why won’t the insurance help ? The answer to these questions might get you better replies.

As for the diagnostic fee . that may be the only way to get a real answer.

1 Like