Squeaky New Bushings

Rod, I absolutely believe you. I know flesh doesn’t lubricate like metal, but I used to use talc to prevent chafing while cycling. It works great. I’ve also noticed how slippery parts are when I’d get talc on my hands. And I’ve always used it on innertubes to allow them to settle and not fold & pinch… or is that pinch and fold? I used to dust it on the tube and on the inside of the tire. It also allows the bead to seat better (remember that bicycle tires aren’t tubeless). I also used it to install the tubes in my snowblower tires. It makes the job much easier.

Graphite is a well known lubricant… and a tiny dab will spread all over the garage!
Talc would work on the same principle… but without the awful black mess!!
Talc is like marbles in miniature! And softer! :grin:

Arrgghh, the squeaks came back! Guess I’m reapplying. Wasn’t expecting to get back under.

If you don’t already have some, silicone grease can be found in the plumbing department of any hardware store.

Are you certain the links aren’t squeaking?

I’ll check for some silicone grease. Yeah it’s just the one on the passenger side. Wasn’t squeaking before I replaced them and making the same sound that went away after the first application of grease. I might start by just loosening the clip and getting some around the edges and see if that does it. Getting them off is a pain, made worse now that they are somewhat lubricated.