"spring ahead", changing the clock in your car

Most everyone concedes anyway that school starts too early for kids. They’re not in the military and no need to rise at 5 am.

I think DST is a triumph of marketing.

Try to convince a bunch of people to come to work an hour early: good luck! “Hey, I get up early enough, TYVM!” BUT…ask them if they want AN EXTRA HOUR OF DAYLIGHT (while glossing over the fact that it’s really the same thing as above) and it sells like hotcakes.

A similar thing happened with light beer: when it was marketed as 3.2% “kiddie beer…” nobody bought it. Sell it, OTOH, on the basis of “reduced calories”…

If people really want to come to work early fir most of the year–I wish we could be intellectually honest enough to simply DO it, not further muddle what “noon” means!

It takes no more than 5 or 6 button clicks on the wheel controls in our 2012 Civic.

My wife bought a $10 atomic clock at WalMart. It is accurate and adjusts automatically to the change to daylight time in the spring and back to regular time in the fall. Unfortunately, she lost the instructions and when the AA cell died, I spent a couple of hours figuring out the sequence of buttons to push to make it work properly. I much prefer my old Westclox Big Ben windup alarm clock. I can rewind that clock quite a few times for the time it took to reset the atomic clock.

@Bing Acura can’t win on that front. I think the controls in my 3rd gen TL are perfect. It has touch screen menus for people who like those, and it has actual buttons, including rotary tuning and volume knobs, for people who like that, plus steering wheel controls, and even voice controls. 4 different ways of doing it, pick which one you like.

The other day I read a comment that the controls are so “dated” that the guy wouldn’t even consider buying one.

Meanwhile I drove a 4th gen once, and really liked the way it drove. But having to spin a rotary dial every time I wanted to do anything was obnoxious, especially when inputting addresses in the nav system. Just let me type it in like you used to. But that interior is hailed as being modern and streamlined. I don’t get it.