Spilled milk on back seat

Back in September 2010 one of my friends left chocolate milk in my car and I had no idea that she had left it in my back seat. The milk then exploded when I went to class and had to park in the sun. I took it to a car wash where I knew a friend and they cleaned the seat and scrubbed it, but it still did not solve my problem. I also tried to use a mini Bissell carpet cleaner. It worked and got a bunch of the milk out, but I still smelt the spoiled milk. As time went on the smell kind of went away, but now that it’s April and it’s starting to get warm again the smell is slowly starting to appear again. I can’t afford to get it detailed because I am a college student with no money. I’m not at all sure what to do now that the stain has been there for awhile. Please help me figure out what to do. I can’t buy a new car so please don’t suggest that.

Remove the back seat cushion. Clean the mess underneath it. Find a replacement seat cushion in a salvage yard. That’s the only way. The human nose can detect spoiled milk in parts per billion concentrations…

That’s My Recommendation, Too. Anything Else Is Going To Be Iffy And More Costly.

CSA

Duplicate post: http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/2264996.page

Agreed on this method of replacing cushion. It should not be expensive to acquire a seat and/or cushion from a Saturn SL.

It took 4 years to get the smell out of my wifes Civic Trunk. It was sent to a detailer who stated it might go away but no definite’s right after this happened.