Speedometer does not work new senor did not help

WHAT IS NEXT IT IS A 1997 CAD DEVILLE D ELEGANCE

Bad speedo cluster. Talk to these guys: www.bba-reman.com. They can fix your current dash a lot cheaper than replacing it.

Have you checked to see if the circuit is getting power? If not, check that out.

the cluster lights up the only thing that works is my gas gage the odom does not the trip does not. how ever when i start up it lights up . norm

would this be in my fuse box under mt hood i have two the other is in my trunk

Cruise Control Module And Circuit/Connection? PCM-Powertrain Control Module And Circuit/Connection?
I’d really check those out.

GM advises checking all connectors pertaining to the component that has failed. They suggest unplugging and replugging any/all related connections. Either a failed part or its connectivity can fail. Cougar has the voltage supply covered.

Was the speedometer working fine and all of a sudden went dead? Was there any warning or any other clues to this problem. I have important questions. Other guages (Do you have temp/oil/messages, etcetera?) besides gas guage are working? Is it only the speedo, odo, trip, and probably the cruise that are inoperative? How about the cruise? Have you tried it?

how many option do i have help i e-mailed bba-reman.com for price

speeddom was working fine min after i got going it stop. no next question only if
i press the imfor shop.NOW WHEN i turn on ing key the whole cluster then it goes out shows gas range low no trip the km reading at 83.ooo.will try the cruise i took this to my loc shop thet told me if was the cluster they would have to pull it out and send it to some where in mich and it would cost me about $1.000 + - i am on SS CANT come whit that kind of money. WILL LET U KNOW ABOUT THE REST NORM

SOME E-MAIL DO NOT SAY THIS ABOUT HALF OF THE MAILS I GET WATE TELL U GET WHAT I MUST DO ,ONE PERSON SAID THEY TOOK THE OLD SPEED OUT GOT A NEW FROM DEALER ,IT WAS INNSTAAED IT DID NOT WORK PAYED BIG BUCKS MUST BE SOMTHING ELSE HE DID NOT GET HIS MONEY BACK HE TOLD ME THAT THEY TORE HIS DASH APART KEEP HIS CAR FOR A WEEK HE HAD TO RENT A CAR I CANT DO THAT I AM 77 YEARS OLD DO NOT HAVE BIG BUCKS HOPE U UNDERSTAND DONT DO THIS COMP VERY WELL .THANK U NORM

wher are these cruise control module and powertrain module located. i ask if all this money i have gevin u and it does not help how much woul get back nothing

Norm, I Tried To find Locations For These Expensive Components. I Could Not.

The sensor that was replaced and didn’t fix it must have been a vehicle speed sensor (VSS), correct?

How were all the fuses? Cougar suggested checking them. Do you have the Owner’s Manual that came with the car? They usually tell where multiple fuse boxes are located and also identify fuses as to the circuits they’re on.

I appreciate your financial situation and difficulty with communicating on the computer. That was a good idea to check the web to see what others say. Have you checked with a local dealer to see if they would stand behind their speedometer diagnosis and not make you pay for extra parts/labor if it’s wrong?

Should you decide to do some diagnosing yourself (maybe checking connections), you will need some sort of service manual. Auto parts stores, generally, sell them. Try before you buy. Look up a couple of things pertaining to component locations and see if it’s helpful, first.

Try your public library. My local library stinks when it comes to car repair or service manuals, but some have a good selection.

Have you walked around the vehicle to see if all the lights are working?

Let us know what is happening. I Wish I could be more helpful.

CSA

i want to thank u for your feed back maybe it it will work out i am 77yrs on SS cant fine that kind of money 900.00 or maybe more they charge over 60.00 labor i just wish i could fine some one who could help. norm

why does it cost so much to replace a dam light bulb i was amass ton fine how much it cost i am happy that gm goes under v i would like to know how much money is taken we will never know. i bet my odom is just a few bucks from getting to work again and these bas-- want to take me for big bucks 1000.00 plus NO WAY