Spark plugs need anti sieze ? Camry 2000-4cyl

I picked a packet up just a few weeks ago at an AutoZone. Any parts store should have it. It comes in little foil squeeze packs. A little dab’ll do ya.

Grease and antiseize both cause torque readings to be inaccurate, making knowing how much tension you’re placing on the fastener pretty difficult, creating IMHO a possibility of stripping the threads out or damaging them or the fasteners (bolts, studs, whatever) from overtorquing. I don’t believe it should be used in any application where torque values are critical, such as spark plugs. I DO routinely use antiseize and grease (depending on the application) on applications where torque is noncritical, such as exhaust hangers and hardware, shackle mounting bolts, etc.

In the interest of full disclosure, while there is nobody in the world including me that I would rather have working on my car (especially my engine) than OK4450, we differ on this point. We’ve both been hanging out here for years, and IMHO he’s one of the most knowledgeable and competent mechanics there is, one whom I have the absolute utmost respect for, but this is one point we differ on. Which only proves that we’re both human. It also proves that we’re both being honest. We simply come to the issue from different bodies of experience.

Oh, I almost forgot, lug nuts…
I use antiseize on the surfaces that are compressed against one another (for example the flat areas of steel wheels) and might corrode together, but not on the threads. Again, it’s a torque values issue. I always use torque wrenches on lug nuts, and the antiseize throws off the readings.

I can see your point about the torque readings. @the same mountainbike; and I’ve read a lot of your posts and take what you say to heart.
I’ll think carefully about weather to stop the practice, you do make sense.

Yosemite