Sonata Messing With My Head

I own a 2005 Hyundai Sonata which I purchased new and it runs great in sun, rain and snow. However, the other day, during a rain storm, I was making a left turn into a parking lot and it lost power for a couple of seconds . Of course, now there is no power steering so it was a struggle to complete the turn but once the turn is completed the rpms return to normal and power steering is restored so I proceed to park.

Here is the goofy part. The only other time this car has lost power like this was two years ago?. In a rain storm? making a left turn? into the same parking lot.

Can you guys help or do I need to consult with a witch doctor?

The only information I could dig up was that it has an “RPM sensing power assisted rack and pinion” power steering system. I’m unfamiliar with an RPM Sensing system, which leads me to suspect that it’s either one of the new electromic assist systems or some variation on a traditional hydraulic system.

But, in all honesty, I’m only hoping that I can stimulate the thoughts of others on this, perhaps another regular who’s currently subscribing to an online support system like Mitchel’s or Alldata.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Hopefully I’ll at least initiate some thought processes.