Some tire humor

It’s up to you. I’m sure you have enough will power to do whatever you want. I certainly love to eat and drink. I subscribe to my father’s observation: “Some people eat to live, I live to eat”. I’ve just change that a bit to take weight off and keep it off. BTW, two bourbons does sound good. I prefer it in an old fashion or rye in a Manhattan. Spirits have about half the calories than beer for an equivalent mellow result. Getting into and out of the car is a bit easier too.

that would cut into my doughnut budget too much…

2 Likes

Turns out I do have some willpower. My wife ordered a grocery delivery. They were out of whatever ice cream she ordered, so they substituted a “lactose free” brand of the same flavor. That stuff is terrible, took 3 bites and threw the carton in the garbage. I’ll never want ice cream bad enough to eat that.

1 Like

A couple of my friends lived together for a while. One was a big cookie eater. The other one bought some cookies he liked and the other guy wasn’t fond of. He walked in after work one day and found his friend on the couch popping cookie after cookie in his mouth. Cookie Monster stopped long enough to ask why his roomie bought cookies he didn’t like. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m tired of these jokes.

1 Like

Yeah, they are just retreads.
:smirk:

5 Likes

You folks and your ice cream discussion! Got me to noticed Safeway had good deal on Byers, so bought 4 cartons. Pretty tasty, but byproduct, plenty of stomach aches … lol …

One thing, I guess these forums can indeed change my consumer buying patterns.

Senile at any age. Growing up in Duluth, with hearing issues, we used to go to I thought Brickmans, my fav butter brickle, google says bridgemans and butter brittle. Found it is sold in a store in Nisswa, 3 miles from the cabins! Got to check it out. We used to ride there in our 54 ford so rusted you could lift up the floor mat and watch the road go by.

The rich kids used Michelins

I’m 65 and still can’t afford my dream car. Is there hope?

I guess you mean Breyers ice cream. I’m surprised they can use their name. Dreyers ice cream changed their name on the East Coast to Edys because it was too close the Breyers.

1 Like

It’s been my experience that I either have the time, space, or the money for a project car, but never all three at the same time.

3 Likes

old_mopar_guy

“I probably have ice cream 5 times a week.”

I thought I was the only one.

No, you’re not!

1 Like

Thanks for the thread! Really some messages are too funny!

My plans were to work till 65 and retire with a good pension and lots of 401k money. Then my employer made me an “offer I could not refuse”, but I was only 56. Four years after taking said “offer”, I can say that I am glad. Not quite as well off financially, but far more likely to live longer to enjoy what I’ve got. I went from driving a desk 60 hours 48 weeks a year to teaching skiing for half a year (and far less money).

1 Like

A couple of studies on retirement shows that for each year earlier than 65 someone retires, they gain 2 years of life expectantcy!

1 Like

A lot of that may be HOW they retired. If FORCED into retirement, then their life expectancy might actually be less. Many 50 somethings were forced into retirement during the culling of the auto-industry back in the 70’s. It was extremely hard on them.

1 Like

So if I’m now 52 and plan on working for 20 more years I’m screwed? My dad worked until he was 74 and lived to 90. I suppose a lot hinges on whether you like what you do for a living or hate going to work every day.

On the other hand, my good friend Bob decided to close up his business and retire at 55. He was able to spend a few years summering in his RV in the south and he almost–ALMOST–finished that '56 Buick he was restoring before cancer got to him. The Buick was 95% there. Another friend and I got it finished so his wife could drive him to the local show-and-shine. At least he got to ride in the finished car once. I should look for a picture of that car.

3 Likes

My school district wanted to get most of the “old-timers” at the top of the pay scale to retire, so that they could hire new college graduates who were paid less than half of what we were making, and so they offered us a buy-out of accumulated sick time.

Because I had taken only ~15 sick days in 35 years, that payment was sufficient to finance my return to college, to earn my third academic degree. Then, I began a new career in a totally different field, and after working in that discipline for 5 years, I retired–fully.

Because I had invested very wisely back in the '80s & '90s, even the recent declines in the stock market are essentially meaningless to me, and I am very happy and secure in my retirement… as long as my health holds-out. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes