So tell me again, how many barrels per day?

Well they aren’t going to want to fly a plane with empty seats so they adjust the flights accordingly. Got a ticket for Boston in June. Best deal was $600. I think last time was about $200, so yeah they have cut back. Now I heard there was a fuel shortage in Austin for some reason causing pit stops for some flights. Don’t know if that was local or a potential future issue.

I haven’t noticed any change in the number of flights but I have noticed contrails in the sky that is a bit unusual.

Oh yeah it’s Putin’s fault. Oh wait, checking calendar, never mind. Didn’t take long after canceling the pipeline for some strange reason. But yeah, Putin, greedy gas stations, big cars. I’ve got a bridge to list on Craigslist.

1 Like

Cannot forget how clear and quiet the skies were after 911, During the air traffic shutdown.

5 Likes

Our air traffic shifted from commercial to Wright Patterson AFB… LOTS of air traffic from there!

I’m no economist. But…it seems to me that Canada and the US are on the same globe as Russia. So Canada’s and our oil supply would indeed affect the price if Russia’s supply affects the price. I don’t think tighter restrictions on drilling and shutting down a pipeline alone raised the price to what it is today. But I don’t see how it’s possible that those things have zero impact on the price and only the Russian supply matters.

2 Likes

Heck yeah. Let them eat cake!

1 Like

Well, we’ve been “letting them eat cake” ever since we allowed GM to tear down all the streetcars to force people to buy cars in the first place. At this point we can either continue letting them “eat cake” with climate-destroying IC engines, thus dooming their future generations to misery and economic ruin, or we can have them eat more environmentally-friendly cake.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me. I’m old enough that I’ll be dead by the time climate change really destroys the place, but it might be sorta nice if we didn’t just collectively shrug our shoulders and say “eh, won’t hurt ME!”

Talk about letting them eat cake.

2 Likes

My 2 cents. I have said this before. Every person in the US can drive EV’s and it will not make much of a difference unless the rest of the world follows. especially with polluting our oceans, which I feel is far more important. Have you seen how much other countries pollute our oceans?
when the oceans die it will not matter what you drive.

How much oxygen comes from the ocean? (noaa.gov)

Top 10 Most Polluted Rivers in the World Ravaging our Oceans Today! (ibanplastic.com)

I didn’t personally let GM do anything. I wouldn’t have even given them a bail out…so…

Unless you’re currently driving an EV that doesn’t rely on a fossil fuel grid, your shoulders are just as shrugged as mine, at least where the “rubber meets the road”.

If EV’s were such a viable alternative at the present, fuel prices would eventually go down at some point to nearly nothing. You wouldn’t even be able to give gasoline away if no one needed it. But, in the meantime, folks have to drive to work and have heat and what not. I personally don’t intend to get in debt for the next 6 or 8 years to buy an EV to save the planet from the impending disaster narrative that’s, honestly (and I’m sure I’ll catch flack for saying this on this forum) getting pretty tired. If no one could drive to work tomorrow, I think climate change would be pretty low on the list of most people’s priorities. It gets lower on the list at least for the short term when oil prices go up, apparently, since we’re tapping into oil reserves.

That’s just my opinion. Yours is going to vary :wink:.

2 Likes

Well, I’m currently preparing to drive one. Our last car purchase was also our last ICE purchase. From now on, it’s electrics. We’re having the garage rewired to be capable of charging 2 EVs at once this summer in anticipation of replacing my wife’s car in the next year or three.

No one’s banning gas cars. They can still drive to work.

It’s only being repeated so often because no serious action is being taken to deal with it. If you want to stop hearing about it, then support fixing it.

1 Like

Well, I’ll walk that one back.

In Texas the tax per gallon of fuel is 34.4 cents . Maybe he meant 60 cents less than his state price.

60 cents in Mexico across the line. Not Texas.

As to totally ERRONEOUS wing-nut statements…

:+1:

This leads to the inevitable question:
Just how gullible are you?

1 Like

Even if gas was 0.60 a gallon in Mexico there is no way I would cross the border for it.

Be that as it may, the reality is that gasoline prices in Mexico are not drastically different from those in The US, even though Mexico is an oil supplier.

What would you have me do? Fund the fight with my taxes? Lie and say that I’m convinced it’s a proven problem to begin with? Pass. If I have a choice.

1 Like

It has been almost 20 years since I traveled in Mexico, gasoline was $1.75 in Arizona, more than $3 in Mexico.

Well that’s what he said. Maybe it was peso and liter, I dunno.