Snow Socks For Cars?

Have You Guys Heard Of Snow Socks ? I Hadn’t.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130307/AUTO03/303070347/Snow-Socks-tires-offer-sure-footed-handling?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

The Detroit News ran an article about them. They’re good for only up to 25 mph, but hey, for certain people, with certain cars, in certain situations, they’re affordable enough to buy and keep in the old trunk.

What do you think ? Anbody ever try these things ?
CSA

Never heard of them. Interesting concept.

Never heard of them. I can see how they might help on sheer ice, but cannot see how they’d increase bite on snow.

I think we should send a set to Robert Gift.

Don’t Beat Me Up. I’m Not A Spammer, But For Your Video Entertainment, The Short Video At The Web Site, Referenced In The Article, Shows The Socks In Use.
CSA

Whitey, allow me to point out that someday one of our lives might depend on Robert’s ability and willingness to rush something to an operating room in the middle of a stormy night. He’s okay in my book.

Were I able to, and if I knew they helped, I probably would send Robert a set. Helping him might save my life.

Oh, sure, if you believe his story, the guy is a freakin’ mensch. I sometimes wonder, though, if he’s really just trolling us at our expense. If he is, I give him points for creativity. In any case, nobody is all bad, and I bet Robert would appreciate the gift (no pun intended). If he used them, at least he would have to slow down.

A “mensch”, huh? Okay, I’ll go with that.

"Mensch (Yiddish: מענטש mentsh, from German: Mensch “human being”) means “a person of integrity and honor.”[1] The opposite of a “mensch” is an “unmensch” (meaning: an utterly unlikeable or unfriendly person). According to Leo Rosten, the Yiddish maven and author of The Joys of Yiddish, “mensch” is “someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being ‘a real mensch’ is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous.”[2] The term is used as a high compliment, expressing the rarity and value of that individual’s qualities.

In Yiddish, from which the word has migrated as a loanword into American English, mentsh roughly means “a good person.” A mentsh is a particularly good person, like “a stand-up guy”, a person with the qualities one would hope for in a dear friend or trusted colleague. Mentshlekhkeyt (Yiddish מענטשלעכקייט, German Menschlichkeit) are the properties which make one a mentsh."

Generally I’ll accept someone at his/her word unless he/she gives me reason to believe otherwise or harms another, and to my knowledge Robert has been open and honest as far as I know. I may not agree with some of the driving practices that he’s admitted to, but as far as I can tell he’s as honest as the rest of us.

Remember the old cliiche: someone who labels others says more about himself than he does about the ones he labels.

I have heard of them…got to be a Scandinavian design. They seem to do some interesting things that sometimes work.

Some comments on those, and other ideas, here, just FYI:

Thanks for the link, @dmayer. It makes me glad I live far enough south that we hardly ever need these devices.