Slow driver solution

In the vintage VW community, we are well versed in slow moving solutions. I suggest that the caller grab up one of these effective (and giant) magnets:

http://ima…465729.jpg

If you are wary of going to random sites (I don’t blame you) the magnet is about 30" wide and 8" tall. It has “SLOW MOVING VEHICLE” in bright red and yellow flanked by giant exclamation points. Does a good job!

In much of the midwest that might not be good enough.

IIRC, any vehicle on a roadway that is not capable of the speed limit on that road is required to have an orange triangle, just like a farm tractor. And they don’t look big on the rear of a john deere, but put that thing on any car and only a blind man couldn’t see it.

As I posted in the other thread, the answer is really simple: “STUDENT DRIVER”

Even when an ‘instructor’ is alone in his car, nobody is surprised by slow driving, and will generally be not only tolerant, but supportive. And they may reflect on their own driving for a moment.

I have a fairly long commute, about 60 miles each way, and most of it is along a 2-lane highway (one lane each way). I don’t speed, and this absolutely infuriates some drivers, who tailgate, honk their horns, flash their brights, etc. I’ve had a lot of time to think about this, and finally came up with a solution that actually works. It’s a magnetic bumper sticker I designed myself, and ordered from Vistaprint.com. I’ve had people ask me whether I really am transporting what the bumper stick says, and I always reply, “Yes, one full set”. Feel free to copy the design yourself. You can see a picture of it here: https://sites.google.com/site/tailgatingkills/

I’m sending one to Click and Clack.

If you must drive THAT slow THAT often,

Join the Amish horse and buggy community who use the orange triangle.
A few of ‘newer’ Amish use battery powered tail lights but the orange triangle’s reflectivity is viewable for a much longer distance at night. AND we recognize that as a slow mover whereas the battery tail lights can be mistaken for a regular vehicle.

I’ve seen them on model A and other ‘old and slow’ classics out cruising Rt66 which only exists in bits and pieces now. Sometimes they must get on the interstate, though the vehicle could never have gone this fast even when new.