Slogans of automobile companies from earlier times

Harley Davidson: Got oil?
-me, today, in jest about them leaking oil everywhere

And to think ,people get paid to come up with these things. ( re; Charlie Harper on Two and a half men )

Still today, Barry Manilow is getting paid for his jingle "like a good neighbor, State Farm is there."
He wrote a Dodge one too.
I think those were the only automotive related ones. He does a whole medley of his jingles in his concerts. From Coke, Pepsi, & Dr.Pepper to KFC & McDonalds, I’ts really interesting to remember all those jingles are Barry Manilow’s. ( google Barry Manilow advertising jingles and listen to the medley on youtube. )

“I am stuck on Band-Aid, cuz Band-Aid’s stuck on me.”

Funniest car company slogan of all time came just two years ago, when Toyota owners started reporting problems with “unintended acceleration” and the company figured they’d better address the situation with a few full-page ads:

“Toyota. Moving forward.”

@Geschlechlichinginieur
Step down into a Hudson (apparently Hudson started the low-profile trend in auto bodies)…

I believe the slogan went “Step up to a step down”. Since it’s unibody construction made it so the vehicle had a deep sill. This gave the vehicle a lower center of gravity and was one of the reasons NASCAR loved the Hudson Hornet.