Silverado 1500 leaking gas

I have a 2001 Chevrolet 1500 pickup. I started my truck and smelt gasoline fumes. I got out of my truck and when I looked under it I saw gasoline coming our from some where around the gas tank. It was coming out in a stream. Do you have any idea what is going on with my gas tank or gas line?
Thanks
Jerry

Yes it is leaking. This is not a question for an internet forum. This is something that you should have addressed immediately.

Your gas tank will be empty by morning and if you are lucky, you will not have burned down your block.

Yes, it needs to be towed to a shop and put up on a rack to see the source of the leak.

First, you should not drive this vehicle and have it towed to your favorite shop.

If is leaking without the engine running, you have a hole in the gas tank.
Note that after running there still would be pressure in the lines for a minute or two.

If the leaking is only when the engine is running, then you have a fuel line leak.

If you have it towed, be sure to communicate with the tow driver what the problem is, so that he does not park it next to other cars or a building.

Yosemite

1 Like