Shakes and Shudders

toyota
engines
corolla
starters

Hi there everyone. Ok so, when I try to start my car in the morning or after its been sitting for a while, the engine seems to shake and shudder and then it just doesn’t start. The second time I try I give it a little gas and turn the key longer and it starts. I tried a few fuel additives but that seemed to do nothing. Any thoughts??

How many miles on the odometer?
Is the Check Engine Light illuminated?
When was the last time that you changed the spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, and fuel filter?

About 119,000 miles. The check engine light is not on. And Im not sure when/if the plug wires/fuel filter were changed, but I know the air filter and spark plugs were recently changed…during inspection in April I think.

Try this: Turn the key to “ON,” wait 5-10 seconds, then turn the key to “START.”

Let us know if this makes any difference.

Alrighty, I’ll try that Tomorrow morning and get back to you asap. Thanks!

Hey sorry for the delayed reponse, I know you all are waiting on the edge of your seats to find out the status of my corolla haha. MCPARADISE, thanks a bunch for your input! When I do what you said my car starts the first time I try! It still shudders a bit but definately starts first time. That is definately an improvement. But I feel I should still look into new filters and spark plug wires. Thanks again!