Seen Any Tesla's?

Probably “depleted”.

3 Likes

Ohm man. Watt’s wrong with you people. These puns are reVolting.

4 Likes

I can’t keep current with all this Tesla talk.

5 Likes

A battery of great puns…

4 Likes

Headed up to within 50 miles of Canada yesterday. I thought I saw one in the distance that needed to be washed but can’t be sure that’s what it was. I did see one sign for a charging station though in the 250 miles.

My assumption as well.
“Sorry officer but I had to speed, the bogey man was after me. Good thing you showed up and scared him away. You probably saved my life!”

1 Like

Front end seems reminiscent of Voldemort somehow.

Just the next door neighbor’s daughter’s white Tesla S. I don’t think that one really counts anymore.

Just learned that the $250K Roadster can do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. The S model does it in 2.4 seconds. The X in 3.4 seconds. All of these cars accelerate faster than if you drop them from the sky. The YouTube videos of "acceleration reaction: videos of people getting their breath taken away are pretty funny.

Car and Drivers’ best time for an S is 2.9 seconds. The Roadster’s not out yet, right? I’ll believe the 1.9 second claim when I see it documented.

That new roadster is sure a gorgeous car, though. It’s just too bad I can’t afford one when it’s released. :wink:

Historically, prototypes shown at shows do not have much resemblance to the actual production version later on. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when in production. The prototype is pretty awesome…

1 Like

Very true. Although Tesla has been a little different in that regard.

Prototype Model S:

And Model X:

They’re pretty close to what ended up being released (actually in my view, the Model S looks better than its prototype, which almost never happens), so… there’s hope!

Here are 10 ways to get to 60 in under 2 seconds (including the Saturn V, imagine the power needed to do that!):

Note: What didn’t make our list, somewhat surprisingly, are a MotoGP bike at 2.2 second 0 – 60

Those bikes have the power to go 0-60 faster but the short wheelbase limits the amount of power to that which will not make the bike do a wheelie.
For the same reason, there’s not a huge 0-60 time difference between 600 cc sport bikes and 1000 cc sport bikes.

Little to zero here in upstate NY . Will be interesting to see how these hold up in the salt laden NE .

Nice for comparison purposes or racing but I’m trying to recall the last time I really needed to get up to 60 fast. Usually its from 40 or 50 to 70 that’s important when entering a freeway. If you are at a stop you are probably in town where the limit is 30 or 40, no? Now wipe the drool off your chins while spotting Teslas.

Why would they be any different then any other car? I suspect they’ll be as good or better then most. I’ve seen several here in NH.