Saturn l300 car accident

so i was driving home from work and got in a car accident and my front bumper got cracked, the hood got bent upwards, the right side light broke and the frame part that the car lights are attached to got shifted around 4-5 inches back. does anyone have any idea how much a repair like this would cost because as far as i know everything else is in working condition. the car is a 2001 saturn l300.

I really think you need someone to look at it to have any reasonable guess. If a part of your frame got bent 5 in. back, the car is probably totaled though. You’re looking at thousands of dollars, most likely. I’m guessing given the age of the car you don’t have collision insurance?

the only way to get a guestimate here is to post pics. for a real price go to a body shop. the frame portion your talking about is either the radiator support or a headlamp mount panel. not part of the aprons or rails.

We do have body shop guys on here, and they will want to see photos of the damage to be able to throw a wild guess, and it will still just be a wild guess. You will need to take the car to a body shop in person to get an estimate that can be even remotely close. If that is out of your price range, you might try a salvage yard. Some of them will install parts, even body panels, for a fee. You might end up with different color body panels, but it’s by far the cheapest way to go. By the way, in the salvage yards I patronize, I don’t see a lot of L series cars, so best of luck if you go that route.

Do you have insurance? They will give you an estimate. You don’t have to go through the insurer to fix it if you’d rather not face a premium increase.

i do have insurance on it but its my first car accident ever so when it happened i had no idea what to do

heres the picture i hope its close enough to see

If you hit someone else, you need to contact your insurer to protect yourself. If you hit something on your own, you might want to have your insurance pay for the repair. That’s one of the reasons for having insurance. You can decide if you want them to pay for it after they tell you what is wrong and how much it will cost to fix.