Rusty screws on floor boards

Why can’t ford use stailess steel sheet mental screws on the floor trim pice where door meets car. My 2010 Ranger the screws on taht trim piece have rusted already and I have drill them out and replaced them. In order to clean under the floor matting or remove trim piece. .

Maybe you should write to them and infor them of this issue.

Because some bean counter determined that FOMOCO could save a fraction of cent per screw on plain steel as compared to stainless. Multiply that minute fraction of a cent times millions of sccrews and it adds up to serious money; especially when the process is being repeated from stem to stern.

Your truck is also going on 3 years old and if you live near the ocean or in the Rust Belt then rust on a 2010 model might be considered normal.

“Because some bean counter determined that FOMOCO could save a fraction of cent per screw…”

The Ford Ranger and every other low-cost vehicle are built to save every fraction of a cent they can. Replacing these screws is not expensive, even if it is a small hassle. I suspect they are cadmium plated, and should have lasted 2 years, though.

@Rx75, have you tried to get this fixed under the warranty? It’s such a small job, that the dealer might do it as good will if your mileage is over the limit.