Rumbling at highway speeds

It’s been pulling to the right for a while now and the rumbling between 60-70 mph has me worried. I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s wrong.

I’ve had the car aligned since it started pulling to the right and the shop assures me that the alignment is not causing the pulling.

I’ve also rotated the tires all over to see if it was radial pull caused by a tire, but no matter where the tires were located the direction and strength of the pull is exactly the same.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this i’d appreciate it.

It’s also important to note that the rumbling goes away if I let off the gas, but reappears once I press the accelerator again. If i’m just coasting or braking between 60-70 mph it’s perfectly smooth with no rumble.

My car is a 1989 Honda Accord with 221k miles.

Jack up the right side wheels, one at a time, and spin them by hand. You’ll have to have the tranny in neutral to spin the front wheel, so be sure you have the parking brake engaged and the rear wheels chocked when you do th efront. You may hear a failing bearing in one. Note that a pull to one side can be caused by a drag on either the front OR the rear.

Tire noise would not go away when you let off the gas.Pull to the right could be a dragging right brake (front or back), easy to tell if you have the wheels up in the air in neutral. Both the noise and drag could be caused by a worn out right CV joint, have it checked out.

I had a similar problem years ago with a 1984 Accord. Turned out to be the wheel bearings.