Ruckus Rodeo

I’ve been experiencing this issue for the past 6 months. It is actually a two part problem. The first issue is that my truck will idle at what RPM is feels like, ranging from below 900 to 2,500 RPM. The second issue is that it will on occasion experience surges or chugs while accelerating. The RPM doesn’t drop but my speed will slow and then speed up rather quickly. This causes the truck to jerk forward and backwards.

My check engine light comes on occasionally giving me the same code, PO122. I’ve replaced the TPS twice, but I keep experiencing problems.

I’ve been to 3 mechanics and they can’t figure it out. Please help before my sanity breaks!

DTC P0122=Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input.

This is saying that TPS input voltage from the computer is below 5 VDC. All that has to be done now is figure out why the voltage is below 5 VDC.

Tester

Indeed. Any suggestions where I might be able to start? I’ve looked over the wiring diagram with delusions of rewiring the sensor in hopes that it might be a short.

(Which to be honest I’ld rather not do. I have a poor relationship with electricity.)

Could the connection from computer have come loose?