RIP Viper... dead at 25!

Yea, but the 305 Super Hawk didn’t have a bank of six carburetors with six throttles to keep in sync or 24 valves to adjust using different thicknesses of shims. With an msrp of a staggering $4,000 dollars the CBX was the wrong bike for 1979, which was plagued with “stagflation” and depressed economy that brought down Jimmy Carter’s presidency. (before anybody gets all upset, I did NOT say it was his fault)
It was a bike that everybody wanted but couldn’t afford at the time, especially with the depressed prices of motorcycles at that time. Hard to buy a new bike when the dealers wouldn’t offer you anything for your trade in.

Very true. It looks like a neat little bike. You reminded me. I have a 40 year-old, 1977 Honda CB750K, air-cooled 4 banger with 4 carbs (one of my last motorcycles… that and an Ossa 250 Six Days Replica) parked in the back of my garage, behind a boat I don’t use.

It’s like new. I kick the starter once in a while. I’ll have to drag it out one of these days and see if it’ll run.
CSA

The collectors value of bikes like Honda CB750 fours is likely at its peak as the people who remember them and have nostalgia for them are at the age when they have the means to purchase and restore them. To their children and grandchildren, these bikes are merely interesting relics of the past but they don’t really have any fond memories of them.
Muscle cars of the '60s and '70s are also at their peaks right now, you know those cars that we drug off to the junkyards during the '80s just to get rid of them during an era when it was Model T fords that were valuable collector’s items. Today, nobody that can still drive has any real memories or nostalgia for Model T’s so they are merely pieces of history.