Revoking Acceptance of a recently purchased car?

Thanks for the helpful info. I will keep that in mind in case I have LED lights go out on one of my cars in the future.

Good grief

Like others already said, I would have another shop replace that taillamp . . . or do it yourself, shouldn’t be that difficult . . . and submit the bill to the dealer that sold you the car

Perhaps they’ll reimburse you, and if not, it’s not the end of the world

I assume you like the car, except for the taillamp not working . . . ?

It is no surprise that a used car lot would choose not to pay full retail price for a repair and to perform the repair themselves. I suspect they are waiting for the arrival of an aftermarket or used lamp.

I would really like to hear the other side ( sides ? ) of this. I almost think if I was the dealer I would take the vehicle back and be able to repair it on my time.

Suggest not to attempt to cancel the purchase agreement if the only problem is the tail light assembly needs to be replaced. Just leave the car there until they get it replaced. Ask them for a time estimate, and if they go over that time, phone up the manager and ask for an explanation. It may take some time to get the replacement part in is all. That may be what’s causing the problem here. Ask them what’s causing the delay. If you owe them more money, you might can use that as a a bit of leverage to get the repair process sped up. What you are experiencing is something everyone who owns a car experiences once in a while. This problem comes with car ownership, and is generally worse when the car you own uses specialty lighting fixtures and various gee-whiz electronic gizmos. Since most cars have those these days, canceling out on this car doesn’t really accomplish anything, b/c the next car will eventually have a similar problem: You can’t drive it b/c you need some part that isn’t immediately available.