Restoring "Big Red"

Part of Chrysler’s demonstrations of the turbine cars was showing how they could run on Chanel #5 perfume.

Good use for it. But burning Chanel #19 would be heresy. :wink:

I occasionally end up behind a local who burns fuel that smells like rancid french fries and/or hamburgers. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Back in the '70s, Coors beer was not marketed in The East, but some folks craved it, so it wasn’t unusual for a guy who was driving to The West to load-up his trunk with Coors and bring it back East to sell at a decent profit.

One of my '70s friends “treated” me to my first can of Coors, and my reaction was…
It’s like having sex in a canoe.
When he was puzzled by my statement, I had to explain that I was attempting to say…
“It’s fxxx-ing close to water”, but in a more diplomatic way.
:wink:

1 Like

[quote=“VDCdriver, post:23, topic:175861”]
Back in the '70s, Coors beer was not marketed in The East, but some folks craved it, so it wasn’t unusual for a guy who was driving to The West to load-up his trunk with Coors and bring it back East to sell at a decent profit.

Most people do not know but that was the plot for the movie Smoky and the Bandit at that time coors beer was illegal east of the Mississippi river.

It’s not that it was actually “illegal”. It’s that Coors had not yet approved any distributors east of the Mississippi. Coors claimed that their beer had to be continuously refrigerated, distributing it w/o refrigeration would have (supposedly) caused it to go bad, and they didn’t to ruin their reputation with a product that had spoiled.

1 Like

I took a tour of the Budweiser brewery at Williamsburg, VA several years ago. They said they brewed Bud there, but brought Bud Light in as a concentrate in railroad tanker cars and cut it with local water before canning. Sure enough, there were several tank cars on the siding next to the plant.

I’m allergic to moonshine, it makes me break out in loudmouths.

2 Likes

You are lucky if that is all it affects you some people get downright crazy with it.

That’s interesting. Looking forward to hearing more news about this.

I break out in stupidity.