Replacing a drivers seat

zero chance my father stops driving…He just got his license renewed and so if the state is okay with him driving…

“Perhaps at 95 the best seat would be one inside his house.”

Especially in this case.
For those with short memories, the OP’s father is the same elderly man who thought that it was okay to “patch” the leaking brake hydraulic lines on his car with…duct tape (?) or some other totally unacceptable method of repair. Everyone pointed out that the old man’s thinking/reasoning was flawed, but to no avail, apparently.

At the time of the posting about that situation, we all gave lots of suggestions for disabling the old guy’s car or for other approaches to keep him from driving that unsafe vehicle–all of which were rejected by the OP. Personally, I don’t want to be an enabler of allowing someone with impaired reasoning and a probably unsafe vehicle to continue to drive.

Clearly, good sense is not going to prevail in this situation.

If we are going to determine “whom” can and can’t drive by their “stupidity” level, then exactly “how” do you test for that and I am willing to bet there would be far fewer drivers on the road. Also if the state says you can drive, then that is all that matters. Heck at least in IN. you have to be tested every year…in AZ your license is good for 50 years.

The only folks I know who get a driving test(“randomly”) are older ones who look questionable at driver test time.

In Indiana you have to have your eyes checked and your license is only good on a 1 year basis after you reach a certain age, I don’t remember what the age is…

@bertrand - Perhaps he is still a good driver but the likelihood is low. You’d better hope he doesn’t kill someone on the road, especially not someone you know or love (including himself). There are many things that are “ok with the state” but that doesn’t make them right or safe.