Replacing 1990 Eagle Talon with 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, 2001 Toyota Celica GT-S?

My 1990 Eagle Talon (love of my life) got rear-ended on the inner-state by a double semi-truck. The driver was doing his paperwork. I’m looking to replace it after much agony over maybe repairing Eagle. Just wanted some in-put on what you guys think of either the Mitsubishi or Toyota as a replacement. I do not have much money, at this point. After my attorney gets finished with the trucking company - it might be a different story. In the meantime, I need a ride.

I think they’re both acceptable cars, and you might like both. Just have a good mechanic give it an inspection before you buy to make sure it’s in good condition (drivetrain). That’ll run you around $100. That’s better than having to replace an engine or transmission in a few months, though.

I prefer the Celica. I’ve just always liked the body styling better than the Eclipse, but it’s really just a personal taste thing. People I’ve known with both loved them.

Oh, congratulations for surviving this accident, too. Semi’s can really make a mess of a small car…or even a big car.

budget limit?