Reduced power light

2004 SATURN VUE. JUST GOT IT DETAILED WHEN WE PICKED IT UP THE REDUCED POWER LIGHT IS ON, ALSO HAS REDUCED POWER. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS?

Usually overheating or something that will cause it to go into a limp homke mode. Thats how its with my car. Look in the drivers manual. If thats the case, it needs to be serviced immediately. DO check the fluid levels amd make sure that something is there while you take it to the mechanic.

There is a warning light indicating “reduced power”? I have to admit that I have never heard of that type of warning light. But, here is a shot in the dark, which may not have any validity:

Does that vehicle have traction control?

When traction control is activated, it reduces engine output, as well as applying individual brakes, as necessary. If you have traction control, I would suggest that you check the switch to see if it is in the “on” position. When detailing the dash, someone may have inadvertantly activated the traction control. Please check this detail and report back to us!

I have not heard of a reduced power light. Could it be a CEL (Check Engine Light?) If so it is trying to tell you something is wrong and you should have the computer checked to see if there are any stored error codes. Some auto part stores will do that for free. Try Advanced Auto parts or Autozone. Get the exact codes (LIke P0123) and post them back here as a reply to your original message.

I’ve never heard of low power light. You had the car detailed? Did they steam clean the engine and maybe get moisture into some of the electronics there??

I had a check engine light after vigorously hosing off an engine one time. The light went off after all the moisture went away.