Recourse when mechanic can't fix my truck

My 2001 Nissan Frontier started stalling at lights and idling rough. I took it to my local mechanic and they diagnosed it, charged me a bunch of money and said it was fixed. Next day, same problem. Took it back and lo and behold! they said it needed another new part. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now and I’ve had it there on 4 separate occasions. Today, same problem again. What do I do? I don’t want them touching it again, I think they should refund some of my money, and I’m ready to hire an attorney! What’s your advice?


Fool me once… shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

What did the “mechanic” say when you brought your dissatisfaction to their attention?

Hope you put this on a credit card. Call the issuer and dispute the charges. That’ll get their attention.

As to the actual problem, any Check Engine Light on?
Does the problem only occur at idle?

You need to talk with the manager and tell him you need to have the problem resolved by fixing it correctly and at no more labor cost to you unless they can prove to you that if any more parts are changed out they are truely bad and you need to see them. They appear at least, to be changing parts needlessly and guessing at the trouble.

How much money are we talking about anyway?