Recommending: Earl and Meyer Flasque as Staff Chemists

The absence of staff chemists has long been a problem. Until all cars are electric, we’ve got to deal with those pesky petroleum molecules and what happens when they combust. I can think of none better than the Flasque brothers, Earl and Meyer. I trust you will concur.

1 Like

What about their sister, Florence?

Flasque brothers ?

OK , I found the answer to my question . Earl and Meyer Flasque is a word play of the lab vase ( Erilenmeyer Flask ) . I think not many people are going to get that without help.

@Bernard_Glassman Which makes me wonder if you think the show is still being made . It has been reruns for years .

They had a staff chemist named Jim Davis who taught Chemistry at Harvard until 2001. From the Harvard Gazette
"Just as the Dins finished their last song, two more “singers” arrived to serenade Davis. Local celebrities Tom and Ray Magliozzi, better known as Click and Clack, the hosts of NPR’s “Car Talk,” appeared. The pair sang what they claimed was the only song they know. Fortunately for the occasion, “Goodbye My Coney Island Baby” is, as the title suggests, a farewell song. Davis has been a frequent guest on car talk, offering his chemistry expertise to Click and Clack and their listeners.

The grand finale featured Davis himself singing the Tom Lehrer song, “The Elements.” Then Davis, visibly moved, thanked his friends and fans. The packed lecture hall rose in standing ovation, which left no doubt as to how they felt about cherished teacher and mentor Jim Davis."

I believe these are the brothers from Spain rather than Italy. Earl and Meyer are the Basque Flasques :wink:

Too deep for me. I thought it was the glassware supplier but couldn’t remember the name. To be honest I can only remember the name of one former chemist too after ten years. Only because he was a class mate. Black Bart though was our chemistry teacher because he had silver nitrate spots all over his hands. Sorry I brought it up. I gotta go.

Florence was always the curvy one

I taught high school chemistry for two years in a previous century, so this was an easy one for me. In seconds I spotted the play on words and remembered the actual item from my past. But for the life of me, I couldn’t visualize the shape until I did a google search!

I always thought Neal Tomecca would be a proper spiritual adviser.

I got the Erlenmeyer Flask reference no problemo… I have one sitting on my desk its next to the meteorite I found on the beach in NJ, which is next to an old brass clock mechanism, near an old Blue green glass insulator from an old telephone pole… next to two straight razors from the 30’s…next to a few bent valves from my GTi… You get the idea.

My desk is a place of strange, wonderful (perhaps dangerous) and curious things…kind of like my head.