Rear Right Knuckle Torque Values

Howdy! New to posting on these forums, and I’m in desperate need of info that I’ve not been able to find anywhere!

In replacing my rear right hub bearing assembly, I needed to take the whole knuckle off to bang it out from behind. Finally successful, I now need to reassemble everything, and though I’ve been able to find the appropriate torque values for all parts from the hub bolts right out to the lugs, I cannot, for the life of me, find any numbers for the six fasteners that affix the knuckle itself.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?

2014 Impala 2LT - 3.6L Gas

What type of tools did you use to take it apart?

Tester

2014 Chevy Impala 3.6L Rear End Torque Specs| Chevy Specs (chevy-specs.com)

Professional mechanics use impact guns to disassemble and reassemble these type of components.

Because sometimes a torque wrench can’t access the fasteners, and it’s faster using an impact gun.

If you don’t have an impact gun, then a 1/2" drive ratchet or breaker bar is used to tighten these fasteners.

But lug nuts should be torqued to factory spec.

Tester

I would guess about 45 ft. lbs. and check them next week.

1 Like

Post above seems like a good guess. 45 - 55 foot pounds would be my own guess. Guessing however isn’t good enough since these fasteners are safety related. Maybe best bet is to stop by an auto parts store, see if they have a haynes/chiltons repair manual for your car. A visit to a Chevy dealership at a time they aren’t overly busy might get you the info as well. In any event, if you plan to continue diy’er repairs on this vehicle, suggest to find a source for the basic shop manual information. AllData and Mitchells may provide on-line access to this information, and Chevy Corporation might as well; expect to pay a fee, this sort of information is considered a profit item.