Really bad

So, a couple of instances (one) where someone of seemingly !Mexican decent passed you while you were doing 105 mph. Wonder what the other drivers were thinking.

"So, a couple of instances (one) where someone of seemingly !Mexican decent passed you while you were doing 105 mph. Wonder what the other drivers were thinking."
No other traffic. She wanted to call the State Patrol. I said no harm is being done and we were approaching a place where SP often positions, anyway. Apparently he knew because he slowed to the 65mph speed limit and we never saw him again. He is on dashcam video. This had nothing to do with the complaints I posted above. Padilla is an excellent driver. But she said other Mexicans are horrible and don't care. She said that when stopped by police, they pretend to not understand English. Cops then usually move on to someonelse.

I wish that roads were more bicycle friendly,more bike lanes and whatever-but just like interstate there are a few places they shouldnt go,I grow extremly cautious approaching a cyclist in a truck,used to like to ride on the highways too,but actually my lack of ability and courage has put me off of the tarmac,be careful children-Kevin

I will tell you this Robt. If I were a cop in your area and you drove by me at 105 mph, I would arrest your butt. No if ands or “butts” about it and it doesn’t matter how many bogus lights you have plastered on your car. You aren’t qualified or trained and your vehicle isn’t appropriate . I don’t have much respect for your state law enforcement. The only vehicles authorized here to go that fast are pursuit vehicles driven by police with a well documented maintenance plan. It’s all about responsibility and you are a walking liability, especially carrying a passenger. Or, you’re just a troll.

Drivers and Cyclists who assume that the road ahead is clear just because they cannot see traffic going past, about a year ago on my walk home I was waiting for traffic to thin out a little before attempting to cross the entrance to a store parking lot (halfway up a hill so one side has a rock wall blocking your view of oncoming traffic) when a Ford Fiesta came shooting out and didn’t even slow down to look and almost got t-boned by a suv whose driver had a quick enough reaction time to hit the brakes. Dark at the time.

Another time while while biking I was waiting for a vehicle to pass by when another cyclist came up from behind me and cut infront of the approaching vehicle. Accident Avoided but it was a close call. A wait of a couple seconds and the road would have been clear.

We’re heading into the holiday shopping season where the roads near shopping malls and major stores will be filled with impatient and inconsiderate motorists.

... it doesn't matter how many bogus lights you have plastered on your car.
Nothing bogus. Ford says the Expedition can safely travel at its governed speed, otherwise it would be governed to slower speed. Vehicle is well maintained and inspected. I worry about causing damage, but Kansas farmers routinely drive their Expeditions 100mph. EVOC trained, I refuse to drive near anyone at 105mph. No traffic on clean dry Interstate when the older Corolla(?) caught up to us.

Dag - Give it up…He hasn’t a clue!!

Good idea !

Robert’s not doing bad by driving his Expedition for emergency runs.
Out here, EVERY emergency agency has SUVs for service. This is pickup country…four corners reservation land and there are even pickup trucks as police vehicles here.
Robert has explained himself often enough that we should just stop arguing about it.

I do agree that Robert tends to over debate his points , BUT
As a trained emergency driver, rest assured that he knows his vehicle and condition limitations when choosing how fast to drive. it’s all relative and he’s not zooming down the neighborhood streets like youall seem to claim .
( yes I know this will only fan the flames )

I live in central Ohio. The law is clear but not well known by non cyclist. In my experience. cylclist

He hasn't a clue!!
Tell that to Fordealers who say 105 mph is "perfectly safe". Tell it to police and state patrol who have their Expedition's "speed limiters" changed to "allow 120mph". At 104 the Expedition is amazingly smooth, quiet and stable. (Starts "missing" at 105) Does seems like it could easily go faster.

Another minor complaint:
Drivers who start slowing for no apparent reason.
They move into the turn lane and THEN engage turnsignal.
5 to 10 seconds before I begin to slow, I signal so that vehicles behind can change lanes rather than my ruining their momentum.

Tell that to Fordealers who say 105 mph is "perfectly safe".

That’s not a competent/responsible Ford dealer in this country who would be willing to tell you that driving at 105mph is SAFE. They’d be setting themselves up for lawsuits if anyone ever got in an accident driving that fast. Sorry but you still haven’t a clue.

"That's not a competent/responsible Ford dealer in this country who would be willing to tell you that driving at 105mph is SAFE."
Why does Ford set the speed limiter at 105mph? "setting themselves up for lawsuits"?

Drive an Expedition at 80 mph Interstate speed limit.
Then drive it 25 mph faster and explain why such is not safe

Talk to state patrols and police departments who use Expeditions.
An Expedition can slow before getting to curves and traffic and vehicles entering from on-ramps.

Drive an Expedition at 80 mph Interstate speed limit. Then drive it 25 mph faster and explain why such is not safe

Sorry I have an IQ over 80.

Talk to state patrols and police departments who use Expeditions.

I know several state troopers…and they RARELY IF EVER go over 80mph. You do know that a radio signal beats a speeding car don’t you??

Keep dreaming though.

Police don’t use the same Expedition like they didn’t use the same Crown Vic. An $88 course 12 hours long certainly doesn’t qualify to put anyone at risk. That’s not training, it’s familiarization and was never ment to give an unqualified person the right to speed. Using a top heavy SUV by a volunteer with a hand me down light bar is about as far as you can get from police pursuit training. Robt., just by his sheer blustering gives every emergency responder a bad name. We whine about to police going ten mph over the speed limit and he does it, it seems for kicks, with an equally unqualified girl friend…won’t go there. Like I said, if all this is sanction and blessed by the state police, Robt. gives new impetus to federal govt. intervention.

Personally I don’t believe for one minute that his driving 40+mph over the speed limit is sanctioned by the police…or the blood bank. There is no way a blood bank would take that kind of liability. If and when one of these “so called” blood bank drivers kills someone because of this stupid reckless act…they’ll be sued out of existence. I’m quite sure this is all fabricated by Robt.

We are due for a response from Robt. Obe Wan kenobi. “such” is the case.

“We are due for a response from Robt”

I hope we don’t because this has gone way off topic.

I apologize for responding off-topic. I shall cease.

Why does Ford set the Expedition speed limiter at 105mph?
“setting themselves up for lawsuits”?

State troopers and police officers have told me they go as fast as is safe. “With due regard.”
(Denver Police have suggested no more than 25 mph over posted speed. But I am not looking at the speedometer. I’m scanning for hazards and looking at the road surface.)
Are they driving 110+ mph on straight, clean, dry pavement, no traffic, where they can see if deer, elk, stray cattle or horses are near the roadway? Yes.
Are they driving 110+ mph in traffic? No. Neither are we.

Is “top heavy” an issue on straight roadways? In high winds. So you slow in such conditions.
Are farmers driving their King Ranch Expeditions at 100+ mph on 75 mph Interstates? “All the time.”

There are 80 mph speed limits in the west. In them, drivers usually do 90. (At 90 on long upgrades, drivers have caught up to the Expedition. I have turned the lights off and signaled into the right lane out of their way.)

Yes, speed-of-light radio waves are nice, but troopers often are distant.
Hospitals have asked state troopers to assist in blood relays but the troopers were too far away.

You are correct. The two-day EVOC course is not pursuit training.
The Expedition is not a performance vehicle. It is never driven like a police car in pursuit.
It is driven gently - no sudden maneuvers, no stressful turns. It coasts and gently brakes when coming to curves.
It smoothly achieves peak cruising speeds when no traffic and ideal conditions.

• Drivers talking/texting on cell phones. Scary how many are drifting over the center line these days.

• Drivers who think stop lights and stop signs are mere suggestions.

• Tailgaters, especially big rigs who run up my tailpipe when I’m already exceeding the speed limit in the slow lane and they have two open lanes to the left they could easily have moved to without running up so close.

• Drivers who don’t bother with turn signals.

• Drivers who dart across multiple lanes of traffic at the last second.

• Drivers who refuse to let others change lanes or merge.

Regarding that last one, a neighbor recently posted a rant on a local community forum bragging how he does his best to keep other drivers from merging into his lane, claiming that to let someone merge would make him an “enabler.” Sheesh!