Rattling Noise when idle

Hi Everyone!

I have a 2005 Honda CR-V with about 97,000 miles on it. I recently noticed that there’s a rattling sound when the car is idle but it disappear when driving. The noise can only heard outside. It is also intermittent. I just had the idler pulley/Belt Tensioner replaced a couple of days ago as a friend thought that was the issue. Car seems run normal, I don’t notice any change in performance and no check engine or what so ever. I have a long drive coming up in a couple of weeks and I have no clue what could be going on.

Thanks and I appreciate any comments.

Have someone inspect the exhaust system for a loose heat sheild.

Tester

I probably should have mentioned that the noise goes away when I turn off the AC. AC is running fine, cold air and all.

Exhaust noises/vibrations - often heat shields, as Tester suggested - tend to occur at certain specific engine RPMs. The slight difference in engine RPM with AC on / AC off can make a diff.

Try slowly raising and lowering the RPM when parked. At some point you may hear the noise. It may go away with the slightest up or down in RPM. There may be other RPMs that have their own vibration/noises.

I had that too, and despite all my protest to the contrary, it was a heat shield. Noise stopped immediately when the little monster fell off in my driveway.