Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show

Question about Ford 351 HO engine components

I am doing some major modifications to an '84 F150 with a 351 HO engine. In the engine bay, on the inside of the passenger side of the frame, there are two grey plastic box-type components with some hoses going in and out of them. They are about 6 x 9 x 4 inches. What are they, and can I just take them off?

I am thinking vacuum acumulator and emission related.