Q about Road Hazard Warranty at Tire Discounters

@ok4450

In my neck of the woods $10 won’t get you squat

Nobody, and I mean nobody, will repair a tire for $10 here

$20 for a patch and rebalance is about right in my neighborhood

@db4690, 20 for a patch and balance I could see. Twenty five for a plug (assuming not in a dealership) at a tire store or gas station just seems very high to me.

Other than the mind-numbing boredom, I’d love to plug tires all day long for 25 a pop. Find a nail and the tire could be plugged without even taking the wheel off of the car.

Thanks everyone. To the fellow who said not to insure something that I can afford to replace, very eye opening.

Accordion

My Yokohama tires lose their warranty the minute I cross into Mexico. So, I don’t even bother to rotate them. And, last year when i bought new tires, the dealer told me since the wear was absolutely even, not to even bother to check alignment. This was a lot of miles on sometimes rough roads in the mountains.

I was losing about a tire a year or every second year. Yokohama is justified in voiding warranty in Mexico. I once found a pound of nails in the street not far from downtown. Burned wire (same as balin’ war’) lying in the street is common. Since my tire size is very hard to find here, I usually keep the best tire and take it to Mexico just to have.