Blogs Car Info Our Show Deals Mechanics Files Vehicle Donation

PVC valve

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger with a 2.5 liter engine. I have a vent hose that runs from the valve cover to the intake manifold, but, no valve. If I feed a nylon line into the metal tube opening on the intake manifold, I encounter an obstruction. Is this the valve, is it inside the intake manifold? The other end on the valve cover is just an open metal tube going into the valve cover.

What you have discovered is the air (vent) INTAKE into the engine…Look carefully for another hose that has access to the crankcase…The PCV will be in that one…

Every variety and application of the Ford Pinto engine that I have encountered had the PCV valve located on the drivers side of the block, near the front, attached to an oil separator. I learned to find them reaching behind the alternator and under the intake.