Puzzler - The Imaginary Lightbulb

This wasn’t even a puzzle, and poorly presented: there was no bulb involved, in spite of the use of the term. It was an LED and the D stands for diode, and that means polarity is an issue. Worst puzzler ever? No. Not great? Yes. Solved it before they finished presenting it. Scoop of vanilla, scoop of chocolate, don’t waste my time.

It was way too simple, but faulty as well. If he connected the LED to the battery without a current limiting resistor it would burn up instantly. Even if it was connected in reverse it would likely fail because LED’s have low reverse voltage ratings.

When you guys post about the “Puzzler” in the repair section many people don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about.

We’re all hanging out in “The Show” section. Where are you oldschool?

LEDs are available with built-in resistors. I’ve never been able to tell the difference just looking from the outside, must power it up with a variable voltage power supply to test.

So?

After I spend some time here I hit the IT Forums, this is for fun, the IT Forums are to help me in school.

So Zombie, include info for people that did not hear the show, unless you just don’t care to, so…