Pumpkin carving idea, hit play if needed for blinking cel

3 Likes

Somebody has got way too much time, or too many pumpkins.

I decided to skip Halloween this year since I don’t think any kids will be allowed to come by anyway. I was going to buy one of those skeleton dogs from Menards, light him up with a solar bulb, and put a chain around his neck tied to the mail box. Then I’d put a “beware of dog” sign right by the bags of candy, balloons, and stuff. My wife talked me out of it. Partly because I might get sued, and partly unable to shake my MRP issue (material requirement planning). Ya gotta know how many goblins would come by to determine how many bags to pack. Some friends do 500 then shut the lights off. So I just decided to forget the whole idea. Still I think it would be funny.

3 Likes

Just got done re carpeting the porch, have a 12’ tube from the carpeting, could use it to send candy but thinking for the first year forever may skip the candy thing. Light on means stop by for treat. I will probably change my mind. OOH OOH, good excuse to buy an rc car to deliver treats. Edit, thinking I could step it up a notch, buy a drone to drop candy!

2 Likes

For last year’s Halloween–which was clearly pre-pandemic–I bought 3 giant bags of candy, and I wound-up donating 2 un-opened bags to the local Children’s Hospital the next day, because my doorbell only rang once on Halloween night. I managed to finish the opened bag of candy w/in a few months, but that probably wasn’t in my best interests. :wink:

More than likely, the hospital won’t even accept candy donations this year, so… this year, I won’t even be buying any candy to distribute.

1 Like

My girl friend would set out a bowl of candy with a sign to take one piece, it was generally obeyed. I suggested this year to put out small bottles of hand sanitizer instead of candy.

1 Like