Price for a used 2010 Subaru Forester with 10 miles?

A local dealer has some 20-odd 2010 Subaru Forester in the trim line I want (2.5X Premium) that they are selling as used, even though each car has only 5 to 20 miles on it. I assume this is because they are trying to clear out inventory to make room for the 2011 models.

I am a skinflint, and have always paid less than the list price, but when I check Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds TMV to get a starting point on a reasonable price, I get numbers higher than the actual list prices. Now I am at a loss as to how much lower than the list to offer.

Is there some way that I can find out the actual cost to the dealer?

Please help!

If the 2011 model year is not out yet, then it’s a new car. Go to edmunds.com, autotrader.com and cars.com for pricing. If the 2011 model is available, they you have more negotiating power. Email all the Subaru dealers in your state and ask them to bid on the model and accessories you want. After you get the bids, take the lowest offer to your local dealer and ask them to meet it or beat it. It a buyer’s market in today’s economy.

Twotone

There are no incentives. The actual cost is probably about 3% to 5% below invoice to account for the loan to the dealer from Subaru. If the car has been on the lot for more than a few months, that money is already paid to Subaru and they just want to get rid of the car. It is possible that they bought the cars from another dealer at a discount, but you can’t know that. If you really have to save that extra hundred bucks, offer a hundred or two below the asking price and see what happens. Or just take the great deal you have been offered and be happy.