Price for a used 2010 Subaru Forester with 10 miles?

A local dealer has some 20-odd 2010 Subaru Forester in the trim line I want (2.5X Premium) that they are selling as used, even though each car has only 5 to 20 miles on it. I assume this is because they are trying to clear out inventory to make room for the 2011 models.

I am a skinflint, and have always paid less than the list price, but when I check Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds TMV to get a starting point on a reasonable price, I get numbers higher than the actual list prices. Now I am at a loss as to how much lower than the list to offer.

Is there some way that I can find out the actual cost to the dealer?

Please help!

Sorry, mistakenly posted in the wrong forum! Trying to correct that now.

Sounds like a BS sales pitch to me. A dealer demonstrator is classified as a used car but they generally have more than 5-20 miles on them.
A vehicle that has never been a demonstrator (a.k.a. put into service as it’s called) is a new one, not a used one.

I can’t help you on the actual cost as that is always a murky area. If the REAL MSRP can ever be determined then subtract 6% and that may get you in the area.

The hazy part is figuring out the real MSRP, the real cost of how an options package is figured, the game playing behind any rebates, etc.
About the best I can suggest is go by the factory window sticker (not any dealer add-on sticker) and work from that.