Prevent rusting

I,TWO CHEVY NOVA’S 1975 & 1976 AND BOTH THEM ON THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SIDE’S ON THE FLOOR SEEM TO RUST PRETTY BAD.IN MY 1975 NOVA THE RUST IS SO BAD THAT THERE IS GOOD SIZE HOLES,IS THERE A PRODUCT OUT THERE THAT WOULD PREVENT THIS PROBLEM.IF I HAVE THIS FIXED AND REPLACED.I WANT TO RECARPET BOTH OF THEM EVENTUALLY,BUT NOT TELL I CAN FIND OUT HOW TO PREVENT THE RUST.

Using ALL CAPS causes rust. Turn your CAPS LOCK off.

Frankly, the best thing you can do is move to a nice dry place with no freezing temperatures. That’s about it. Those cars were not very rust resistant, like most of today’s cars are.

If you really want to do it, then you need to have someone remover all the rusted parts replace those with serious rust, clean to the bare metal the rest, then refinish those parts and likely add a rust resisting undercoat.  

When it comes to rust there are no short cuts that don't greatly reduce the effectiveness of the job.

Please refrain from using all caps. It’s very difficult to read.

You can’t stop the rust. Once it starts it will continue. The only cure is to remove the rusted areas and replace them with new panels, then clean the underside of the vehicle (bare metal if possible) and rustproof it. Vehicle restoration shops do this every day.

Replacement body panels (including floor pans) for Chevrolet vehicles are readily available from many sources.

Consult Hemmings.com for parts for these vehicles.

These two cars are worth little or nothing. Are they safe to drive? If not, it’s time to send them to the junk yard. Repairing rust this bad is frightfully expensive. For the same money, you can buy a couple of 10 year old cars in far better condition.