Prado-VXR-Security Alarm-Troubleshooting

safety
toyota
landcruiser

I own a prado vxr 2015 model GCC specs, i have googled alot and can’t find answer to my quesltion… so my question is, do prado vxr 2015 have security alarm installed? if yes how can i activate it because i have never seen the alarm go off in this car. I am very concerned about this. my remote only have 2 buttons that is lock, unlock and if i triple press and hold unlock it remote starts the car engine, the remote doesn’t have any extra buttons that can be used to activate or disarm the security alarm, I have tried opening the car with keys at home I tried shaking the car but it doesn’t sound the alarm so i am very concerned about this please help me figure this problems.

This car is very costly and I’ll be very disappointed if the answer says this car doesn’t have a factory security alarm installed.

It does have a securitysmall red led on the dash it blinks when the car’s engine is completely shut off and the car is locked

There is an alarm. Lock the vehicle, place the smart key at least 2 meters from the vehicle, wait 30 seconds for the alarm to become active, reach though the window and open a door from the inside. The alarm should sound.

Shouldn’t the dealership that sold this very expensive vehicle be able to answer your questions and demonstrate the features of the alarm system?

:confused:

I pre-ordered this car in 2014 and bought it in end of 2014 I don’t remember the exact date or month… at that time this question did not cross my head, now it is bothering me becuase there was a recent burglary in my area so i am concerned about this now.[quote=“VDCdriver, post:3, topic:96302, full:true”]
Shouldn’t the dealership that sold this very expensive vehicle be able to answer your questions and demonstrate the features of the alarm system?

:confused:
[/quote]

I called them and they said to bring the car to their service center for inspection and information that I need