Power steering noisy in cold weather

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey and live in FL.

When the outside temp gets to 60 degrees or lower, the regular engine noise gets louder. I think it’s the power steering because when I turn the wheel, the noise whines and moans along with the regular engine noise. If I take it on the road up north in the REAL cold, it gets louder and louder–and you could hear me coming down the road. In warm weather, the van runs great. The Honda dealer claims to have never heard of such a problem. Could that be because they don’t want to fix an expensive problem under warrantee? Is this a dangerous problem? Any advice would be appreciated!

I have the same problem with my 2005 Honda Odyssey power steering pump. Honda wants to charge $520 for replacement. I did ask for them to cover labor with parts at cost. The reply was that a new repair option has been worked out at Honda. For $193 plus tax they will replace the power steering reservoir. Honda is well aware of this problem as it is documented in their system. I live in Ohio and for the second winter I have this loud grinding noise whenever the temperature drops below freezing. I have the same question, is this dangerous and what is the best way to have it fixed? Any help is appreciated.