Power steering leak

I brought my '98 Cutlass to a garage immediately when I noticed smoke coming from under the hood. The mechanic said my power steering hose had ruptured and the fluid was burning. He replaced the hoses, said he cleaned it out. I got my car back and now 2 days later there’s still white smoke coming from the same place. Is this residual fluid burning off from the previous leak, or is my problem more complicated?

DeJa’Vu

Shellymae,

I did this one already, a couple days ago. You must not drive very often. Here’s my opinion, again.

Smokin engine…again!
I brought my '98 Cutlass to a garage immediately when I noticed smoke coming from under the hood. The mechanic said my power steering hose had ruptured and the fluid was burning. He replaced the hoses, said he cleaned it out. However I drove the 5 miles back home from the garage today and there’s still white smoke coming from the same place. Is this residual fluid burning off from the previous leak, or is my problem more complicated?
Posted by: shellymae81

“Is this residual fluid burning off from the previous leak, or is my problem more complicated?”

1. Probably. 2) I doubt it.

It should get a little better each run. Have them re-check it.

Answer to new question:

How many times have you driven? How far?

Get it checked. You don’t want a fire if it is something more serious.