Power Steering high pressure hose failure leak

Just had dealer repair shop complete power steering fluid flush in Jan 2013. Vehicle now has lost all power steering fluid (April 2013) and dealer repair shop has told me it is due to high pressure hose failure - need to replace & then verify pump condition (dealer repair shop not sure if pump bad until hose replaced to test) for repair bill of approx. $500.00.
I was told this was not related to repair shop power steering flush because this hose not removed for flush or part of that procedure (at which time a transmission flush & spark plugs replaced (minor tune-up) for a bill of approx. $800.00).
Just wondering if any pro mechanic can respond with advice about the relative close time frame these two events & if there may be a probable related reason?
thanks

The high pressure hose isn’t remove to perform a power steering fluid exchange. The low pressure or return hose is removed to perform this task.

So if the high pressure hose failed it’s just a coincidence.

Tester

+1 to Tester’s comment, however it would be nice to know the year and mileage of the vehicle.

+2 for @Tester.

Agree with both replies. Be aware though there’s nothing all that special about the high pressure hose that requires you pay dealer price for a replacement. Case in point, I recall that hose costing nearly $200 for a mid 80s Honda Accord and I simply had a local hose manufacturer whip one up for $60. It’s not a complicated repair job.

Mike