Plz help No one can figure Out My Hyndai santa fe

I need a professional … its broke . it runs two or three days fine then goes into spitting and sputtering then all of a sudden going down the road dies for No apparent reason and will Not start back up will turn Over and over until the battery or started dies … Ive ruined a many starter trying to get it to start . then resting for a few days it will run again for a few days and then same thing over and over . plzz help has been worked on by some real idiots and some good machanics too and now no one wants to deal with It because so many have screwed with it already …

Pat, Please Tell The Model Year And Approximate Total Miles On This Hyundai Santa Fe.

CSA

its a 2001 hyndai santa fe 4 door 4 cyl . Not sure of miles not over 10000000 if over Not very Much … has had some work done to it many of the censors have been replaced have had it put On testor and it seems to always show the connectors are damaged or not clean … these have all been check nothing wrong or seemingly wrong . Im Not a machanic Im stating what Ive been told . Im a well informed chick with a machanic for a son in law and the things he says is wrong is mass airflow censor and cooling censor . the Motor seemingly does not over heat when this happens … Is there some sort of protective shut off if it does over heat that protects the engine ???
back to the style Of this Hyndai it is like Is aid a 2001 santa fe 4 door I believe 4 cyl . Not sure what else U Need to KNow But I can find Out … I Know I need this info right NOw … sorry
Ive had it a year and have drivem it about 7 times … and I want my truck running . its a nice ride … I Love it I wotn sell It NEver … if I haev to have a new motor Im keeping the damn thing …
I want it fixed plzz help If You can or Know what is wrong …

also it runs damn good while it runs . no missing unless the check engine light pops on and stays on then that is when the trouble starts But Not right away will be able to drive for about 3 to 12 hrs and cabboom shut down …

From the description of the trouble you gave the suggestion about a bad MAF sensor seems like a pretty likely choice for the trouble. It would help greatly to know what the codes are to help solve the trouble. You can get them read at places like Autozone for free.

Besides the MAF sensor being a possible problem the trouble may be with the fuel system. If you haven’t changed the fuel filter I suggest you do that. The pump may be having trouble also.

My son In law suggested getting a MAF censor yesterday … and a cooling censor … what are your suggestions about that … also the fuel Pump hsa been checked out seems to be in working order no Problems detected … the codes showed connectors need cleaning but that has been done several times pulls up the same codes every time . have taken to autozon and orielys and advanced autoparts … same codes each time about the cencors for cooling and the connectors each time …

Have one of your mechanics show you how to check for spark and how to use starter fluid. Hopefully your son in law can be with you one of the times this happens. The mechanic might let you borrow a spark spark plug and a can of starter fluid or you could buy these at an auto parts store. Also if your son in law has a timing light, he should have it available when he is with you to check if the timing is reasonable correct.

You have to narrow down the problem a little. Also has any of the mechanics come up with a fault code from the computer. If so post them/those back to us. The Check Engine Light is telling you that the computer sees a problem and is doing a work around to keep you going. If the mechanic can observe the problem, s/he is more likely to zero in on the system involved.

Also do not keep cranking until the battery is dead or the starter is toast. If the engine does not catch in 5 seconds, rest 10-20 minutes then try again. This is probably a thermal problem with either the ignition or fuel system so letting the engine rest and cool off may do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Thank You so Much I will do this . I will also find Out the codes and post them …
thanks been alot of help already …

I don’t recommend changing any parts until proper troubleshooting has been done to prove a part is bad. Since you stated that the car runs ok at times then it looks to me that there is a intermittent problem causing trouble and possibly just cleaning a connection will fix the trouble. When we know what the codes are it will help us figure out what is happening.

If its the MAF sensor, you should be able to disconnect it, and start the engine without it connected. Most companies give the computer back up programming in event of the MAF being disconnected.

If you are able to disconnect it, and the car starts running properly afterwards, you need a new MAF.

BC.