Plateless, unregistered, expired sticker. How do I find out what needs to be repaired?

I need to find out what repairs or maintenance needs to be done on my 2001 Prius so I can sell it. Is there some easy way to find out whats wrong? I don’t want a sticker, I just want a list of what it needs.

Surely there must be a way?

Check with your DMV and see if they issue temporary plates. Then you can drive it to a shop for a checkup. That’ll also give you plates so the potential buyers can test drive it.

Even if they don’t issue temporary plates, they should be able to advise you on this.

Thank you for the advice. I will call them tomorrow.

If DMV does not work tow truck to a trusted shop hopefully nearby.

If you are able to drive it, make certain you have the proper insurance in place. A crash while you’re uninsured can wipe you out financially.

The heading of this thread should read ( Who in their right mind would buy an unregistered, unlicensed, unstickered vehicle that might need repairs? )

I presume it’s still registered to the OP, just not current on the plates.

I take it that another car was bought…a big boys car, not a Prius…and the Prius just sat idle until the plates expired.

I’d do as others have said and find out about temporary plates from your DMV, insure it and drive to the mechanic’s.

Before doing any of this, be sure you can even start the thing.
No sense doing all that and diagnosing a no start, is beyond your capabilities.

Yosemite

“Who in their right mind would buy an unregistered, unlicensed, unstickered vehicle that might need repairs?”

Barn find buyers do it all the time.

If I was looking to buy a Prius, I sure as heck would pass this one up

No offense, but I would only look at a Prius that was currently registered, titled, insured, etc.

:fearful: