Pcv hose question

The plastic hose on my 05 mustang gt that goes from the intake manifold to the driver side valve cover snapped when I was removing it to change spark plugs. Only the middle part of the hose snapped, the plastic connectors with the green clips that connect to the intake and valve cover are still good.

Can I just slide the plastic snap on connectors into a rubber hose and use that as long as it’s a snug fit or does the whole hose NEED to be plastic or it will create some sort of vacuum leak/blowby?

PCV hoses were made of rubber before they switched to plastic.

So yes.