Passat 2007 (2.0 engine) Distinguishing problem after Stop Engine low oil pressure light comes on

It is not a common repair, If the “certified” means anything it should include major mechanical issues. As to being out of range of the ‘warrante’ I would just say “if you meant miles why did you say time?” It does work BTW. You really have to push it some times. I have gotten great service on warranty from ford twice on the same car. Both just days or a few miles away from warranty. The issue with warranty is that they get no money. If in return they get bad press they do not like that.

Is this the newer 2.0L TURBO ENGINE?

The reason I ask is because this is a HUGE ISSUE on the 1.8T Passatts…I have one in my lot right now…low oil pressure STOP ENGINE Light illuminated. The cause? People using conventional motor oil in the Turbo motor …causing coking of the oil/sludging etc… The solution if caught early is a new oil pump…pickup tube et al…in the oil pan/oil pump arena. Then perhaps a flush and then a use of full synth oil moving forward…all IF you catch it early.

Blackbird

It is the 2.0.

I was informed that there is metal in the oil–no sludge though.

Thank you, euyale1.
The dealership sticks to miles or time, whichever comes first. Still working on gaining support.